Monday, December 31, 2012

au revoir 2012

Well here we are.....2013 on the horizon.  I am very glad.  I need 2013.....2012 did not riddle me with some horrible illness, I didn't lose a loved one, I have a roof over my head and food on my table and my family is healthy but events during it did change me.  I read something the other week that would help describe my 2012.  In the beginning it was a perfect chocolate bar.....then it melted and you know how chocolate is...once it melts there is no way in hell your going to get that chocolate to the same form as it was in the beginning.  You can still bake with it.......eat it and do all the things you would with a chocolate bar but it is different.

I spent a great deal of 2012 distancing myself from all the things that I love....knitting, writing, being enthused about the small little things in life.  I spent a lot of time thinking about a particular person who caused me a lot of grief.  I won't say that my thought of her falling off the face of the earth doesn't still stand but I allowed her to have far too much of my life......my energy.  She is a nobody and deserves no more of my time or my energy.  My heart was broken in 2012 and because of that I spent a lot of time hating and I spent a lot of time being angry.  I spent a lot of time regretting.  I reacted wrong on so many occasions.  I spent a lot of time crying this year......probably the most time I have ever spend.  I wasted precious won't get back moments with my girls.  2012 is almost behind me and for that, I am glad.

It certainly wasn't all bad.  I can rock skinny jeans now after losing 55lbs from running (and maybe a tad from the whole thyroid thing).  I became very good friends with my running partner Leigh-Anne.  Her friendship has been invaluable.  I got into a library closer to home and that has made life easier.  I got that awesome new kitchen......I love my mom and dad for their unconditioanl love and support.  I had a few snippets of time away from being a caregiver to enjoy things I would not normally be able to.  My new camera from John that is going to come in handy for sure in 2013. I have been able to watch my girls do great things.  It has been a good year....just not a great year. 

I am looking forward to the New Year. There is promise of great things whenever the New Year embarks on us. I am running with that promise. I have a list as long of my arm of the things I want to accomplish this year.

::I am planing on doing a photo a day again this year. Today on my way to work the photo a day bug hit and I did a warm up shot of this snow angel.  It was like someone was walking along, dropped, made the angel and  then got up and went on their merry way.  It totally made me smile.




 I loved doing it in 2009. The 2013 blog is here. Be sure to bookmark it and come visit everyday to see what I am seeing through the shutter, visit and comment!!!!

::I want to finish the crackghan.

::I want to have professional family pictures done.  We have never done this.  Stuff like this.....and boy would I love to do a set of these sort of photos.

::I want to try to start an online shop....that is a tough one but I really want to try.......it will involve pajama bottoms. I am thinking Esty is a nice place to start.

::I'd love to write a children's book.

::I'd like to run a 5km and a 10km.....maybe even a half marathon.

We learn from the year behind us and we jump into the year ahead with new knowledge and confidence. I am looking forward to 2013....the difference between 2012 and 2013 is that I am going to make it a good year...no matter what crosses my path I will focus on all the great things in my life, stay positive and soak up the great little things in life!!!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: